Today I was doing some cleanup on a Dev and Test environment with BizTalk Health Monitor, when I noticed the “From latest BHM report”, I’m not sure how long that feature has been there, but it makes it easier to find the Tasks that you need to run.
Up till, and including, BizTalk Server 2016, the SFTP adapter included with BizTalk Server, has only supported SSH server host key fingerprints using the RSA algorithm, also called an RSA key fingerprint. Previously, you could connect to an SFTP server using FileZilla, and get the RSA key fingerprint that way. In recent versions, FileZilla will […]Finding the SSH server host key fingerprint — BizMunch
I just came across the announcement by Microsoft about a BizTalk migration tool. Must give that a go sometime. This could be useful if you are trying to sync to a second server.
A pity that one of the things listed as Feature Unavailable is SSO Affiliate Applications however, as we tend to use that a lot.
It was announced in March that Codeplex was shutting down.
As of this post, we’ve disabled the ability to create new CodePlex projects. In October, we’ll set CodePlex to read-only, before shutting it down completely on December 15th, 2017.
So various tools and code that are used for BizTalk have moved to a new home.
Below is a list of their new locations, and I’ll add the location of new projects as well.
- BizTalk Benchmark Wizard now on Github
- BizTalk Bindings Exporter tool on Github
- BizTalk Business Rules Engine Pipeline Framework now on Github
- BizTalk CAT Instrumentation Framework Controller now on Github
- BizTalk Configuration Reports now on Github
- BizTalk Documenter now on Github
- BizTalk Deployment Framework (BTDF) now on Github
- BizTalk Deployment Utilities (BizTalkDiff) now on Github
- BizTalk Filter Finder Tool on GitHub
- BizTalk Map Documenter now on Github
- BizTalk Multiplier tool on Github or Microsoft Code Gallery
- BizTalk Password Manager now on Github
- BizTalk Pipeline Components Extensions Utility Pack
- BizUnit – Framework for Automated Testing of Distributed Systems now on Github
- bLogical SFTP Adapter now on Github
- Null Adapter on Github
- PAL (Performance Analysis of Logs) now on Github
- PowerShell Provider BizTalk see Archive copy
- For BizTalk 2010 or earlier, Matt Corr from Mexia posted a copy of the BizTalkFactory.PowerShell.Extensions.Setup – v184.108.40.206.msi here on his Dropbox account: https://t.co/0Oe1WSkO7X
- With BizTalk 2013 onwards, the PowerShell Provider comes with the BizTalk SDK: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2\SDK\Utilities\PowerShell
- A copy of the Getting Started Guide for 220.127.116.11 can be found here
- REST Start Kit for BizTalk now on Github
Projects not moved
- BizTalk Adapter Wizard for BizTalk Server 2006
- BizTalk Application Comparer
- BizTalk backup tool
- BizTalk Control Center (BCC) – 3.2
- BizTalk Database lookup functoid with caching feature
- BizTalk environment config loader
- BizTalk Flow Visualizer
- BizTalk Message Decompressor
- BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter
- BizTalk Server Pipeline Component Wizard
- BizTalk tracking exporting and importing utilities
- BizTalk X-Ref Manager ( BizTalk Cross Reference Data Management )
- BizTalk Zombie Management
- BizUnit Designer
- DanSharp XmlViewer
- SAB BizTalk Archiving Pipeline Component
- Xml Complete Validator
If you have other tools that you know off, feel free to share in the comments.
Over a year ago we hit a situation where we got a warning from BHM about .Net 4.6 not being supported, which was a bit of effort to sort out.
Today I looked at the release notes for the latest BizTalk Health Monitor, v4.1 and noticed that in the release notes it said “Removed BizTalk 2013 R2 .NET 4.6.x warning since it is now supported”. I then checked Hardware and Software Requirements for BizTalk Server 2013 and 2013 R2 and sure enough, they have now listed .Net 4.6 as supported for BizTalk 2013 R2.
Here are the other changes for BizTalk Health Monitor
• Fixed issue with losing monitoring configuration
• Upgraded update mechanism to handle all components of BHM
• Added support for displaying each view of a BHM report in HTML format
• Improved update to happen on secondary thread
• Improved the ChkBHMRep.exe tool
• Added support for BizTalk 2013 R2 CU6, BizTalk 2016 CU1, and BizTalk 2016 FP1 (Feature Pack 1)
• Improved report to provide DTA purge job parameters with improved formatting
• Added warning for infinite max SQL memory config
• Fixed some issues with detecting Host Integration Server CUs
• Removed BizTalk 2013 R2 .NET 4.6.x warning since it is now supported
• Updated query and rules repository
With BizTalk you sometimes have to open up large XML files either as input, or after they have been parsed by a flat file schema, or as the output from a map. Opening it with Visual Studio or other tools is very slow and sometimes to makes them crash.
Sandro Pereira has written PowerShell scripts to quickly check the Cumulative Update (CU) or Feature Packs (FP) level of BizTalk Server
Download the script from Check what BizTalk Server 2010 Cumulative Updates are installed with PowerShell
Download the script from Check all BizTalk 2013 Cumulative Updates installed in server with PowerShell
For 2013 R2
Download the script from Technet: Check all BizTalk Cumulative Updates installed in server with PowerShell
For 2016 CU
Download script from Check what BizTalk Server 2016 Cumulative Updates are installed with PowerShell
For 2016 FP
Download script from Check which BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Packs installed with PowerShell