BizTalk 2020 CU1 was released on July 28th 2020 as announced here
As per previous version of BizTalk it has a number of SAP/IDOC fixes.
- 4 SAP/IDOX
- 2 fixes related to the WCF-SQL adapter (order of elements and FILESTREAM operations)
- 1 for the Oracle DB adapter to handle Database artifacts with nested types in Oracle 18c and later versions
- Fix for predefined WCF Bindings not taking in account a default Web proxy configuration
- 2 JSON Encoder fixes (1 one which was fixed for BizTalk 2016 in CU7)
- Fix for XLTS errors not being reported in XSLT stylesheet
- Fix for EDI receive location with named SQL instance
- Fix for ESB Toolkit to use gMSA.
- Fix to remove dependency on VS 2019 version 16.3.9
- FIX: Mapper toolbox not working for WCF Workflow Service Application after upgrade to BizTalk 2020
- FTP improvement (macros for Before Put and After Put)
- Dynamic send ports able to use Officer 365 Outlook adapter types.
Visual Studio Extension
In addition to installing CU package, also update/install new version of BizTalk Server Visual Studio extension (126.96.36.199). The extension can be installed from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-biztalk.BizTalk or within Visual Studio – Manage Extensions.
As per other CUs, you can find them on the page Service Pack and cumulative update list for BizTalk Server
Microsoft have just released CU 7 for BizTalk 2013 R2
These CU includes 6 fixes.
I got rather excited when I saw that they had fixed an issue with the WCF-SQL adapter polling. However the cases the symptoms they describe aren’t quite the same as one we’ve encountered in BizTalk 2010 (so I don’t think this fix is going to help us even when do they get around to patching other BizTalk version). But it may fix things for others or spur them to look a bit closer at this adapter to fix other issues.
As per nearly every CU, it contains a iDoc/SAP/NCo fix and one for EDI.
There are also two fixes for two-way send ports (one deployment issue and the other a runtime one), and finally a TDDS/database fix.
Below a list of know bugs, issues, & other quirks* of BizTalk 2013 R2 (mainly CU3) and Visual Studio 2013 (update 4) , but I will update with fixes as the CUs come out or when I know about a new issue, so if you have another one I will add it (and link to it if you have a blog about it) if you let me know. This in addition to the ones listed by Microsoft on Known Issues in Installation, Configuration, and Deployment
I’ve now posted the below article on a TechNet wiki
* My definitions for classifying these are
Continue reading “BizTalk 2013 R2 known bugs, issues & quirks”
Bug: Causes negative impact and no known work around or requires a lot of effort to work around.
Issue: Causes negative impact but has an easy or quick work around.
Missing: A feature that BizTalk doesn’t have that would make our life easier.
Quirk: Something strange or unusual but does not cause a negative impact so far as known.